Josh: Who was that lady, Mom?
Me: Oh, I had her son in my class. He's grown up now... Maybe 26 or 27?
Josh, laughing: You're old!
Me: Right? I'm ancient!
James: Mom! You shouldn't say that! You're not old, you're... Mom age. You aren't like, 45.
John: Hey! I'm almost 42, James.
James: Well... (Smirking) No comment.
Same trip to BiMart.....
James: Mom, do you want Junior Mints?
Me: No! We have ten boxes at home! (This is a true story. I love the heart shaped ones, so John bought me ten boxes!)
James, totally serious: Is that enough?
Two aisles later...
James: Mom! Do you want a Coke?
Me: No! You really want me to have sugar tonight! I definitely do not need any extra sugar.
James: You don't need to worry about sugar, Mom. Unless you get fat. Then you might want to worry about it.
Me: Awww, James are you saying I'm skinny?
James: No, I'm saying you're just regular.
Me: Um.... Thanks?
No comments:
Post a Comment